Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

All of my world hanging on your love

Not much time to blog tonight-- not much brainspace, either. One of the harder things about blogging through November is that I feel like I have to deal with what's real. If I were working on a novel I could disappear into it, you'd think.

My dad got laid off this week. One more statistic in the crappy story of this recession. And although I know in my brain that everything will be ok now, and while things certainly aren't as dire for my family as they are for many others suffering right now, it's still hit hard. One way or another, this is going to mean changes in my family, my home, the place I come from. And especially in the last couple of years of transition for me, my home is one of the things I count on to stay the same.

It's funny, I live here at CST, what you might call the epicenter of process thought-- one of the tenets of which is that the world is in a constant state of change. And that's a liberating idea in some contexts if you're used to rigid inflexible worldviews. But right now I really hate that idea. I want to put my faith in something that isn't spinning.

How do you lean on a rock that moves? How do you trust when things are changing all the time?

You sing, I guess.

Let your love be strong and I don't care what goes down
Let your love be strong enough to weather through the thundercloud
Fury and thunder clap stealing the fire from your eyes
All of my world hanging on
All of my world resting on your love


No comments: